February 12, 2008

Santiago, Round 2

(Complete Picture Set)

After soaking in the ambiance of Valpo and the beach sun in Viña, the next stop was accross the Andes in Mendoza, Argentina. Mendoza via Santiago is a

(Damien and Danielle in Cerro Santa Lucia)

real popular destination/route apparently, so after finding out on a Tuesday I would need to wait until Saturday to head back into Argentina, I decided I would head back to my beloved hostel in Santiago, La Casa Roja. Besides having unmatched facilities, I knew Danielle would be there, and friendly face is always a welcome thing while traveling. Or anywhere for that matter. So back to Santiago I went. I met up with Danielle and she introduced me to some Aussie friends she had. We ended up wandering around the city some more, in the

(Climbing the steps to the lookout tower)

downtown area and the central market, and jumping into the pool many times more. We spent one long day wine tasting...that sounds like we drank a lot of wine. Actually, it was a long metro ride before a long address hunt before finding our winery, which was in the middle of industrial Santiago. So there was no grapes, no tranquil countryside, no green vines growing in perfect rows. Just lots of truck drivers cat calling from delivery trucks as we walked around looking for the winery (I was wearing shorts, so I think it nothing to do with my two female companions but with me showing some leg). All in all, it was a good few days leisure spent before the bus trip to Mendoza.



(Cooking up a storm in the gigantic kitchen)







(Wine tasting - Marja, Danielle, and stunningly handsome american)

No comments:

Post a Comment