May 23, 2008

Peru's Central Highlands

After Machu Picchu it was back to Cusco then on my way once again. I decided I would get off the beaten path for a while and head into Peru's central Andes, where travel is harder, longer, but free from the gringo crowd flocking to places such as Cusco. Cities along the way were Andahuaylas, Ayacucho, Huancayo, and Huancavelica. I actually enjoyed the bus rides more than the towns, as we passed through some great mountain scenery on some narrow dirt roads and hair raising drops to the side. I was able to see a more traditional lifestyle in general than other Peruvian cities, and therefore had a more unique experience.











L - Andean weaving
R - Andean lake









L - Hanging out in some cool rock formations
R - Cute Andean children, who asked me, "what the heck was I doing there?" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment