October 9, 2007

Top 10 things I will miss from Brazil...

So since I am leaving Brazil soon to head off into Paraguay, I thought I would reminisce on my experience in Brazil, and figure out what I would miss most.

10. Portuguese - And I was just starting to get it.

9. Feijão e Arroz - I never knew I could be so hooked on rice and beans.

8. Music - Samba, Certaneja, Bossa Nova. I dig it.

7. Cool Slang - Legal, tudo tranquilo, xato...Brazilians have some sweet slang.

6. Coffee - Good (strong!) flavor, alotta kick, and you can have it with every meal of the day.

5. The Culture - After 3 months, I'm finally starting to adapt to it.

4. Buses - Local, national, or international, Brazil puts our bus systems and quality to shame. Usually wouldn't matter, but since buses are now my life, it is a big deal.

3. Guaraná - Most amazing soda ever created.

2. Churrascarias - The barbecue joints of the Brazil, serving up an endless supply of sizzling meats.

1. The People - My friends have been amazing, helping me with anything from bus tickets to language to info on where to go, introducing me to their friends, and sheltering me and feeding me. People you meet day to day are super nice, always willing to help you out, and are patient with your thick accent and sometimes unintelligible butchering of their language. They are interested about you and your culture, like telling you about theirs, and don't mind shooting the breeze immediately after exchanging names. When introduced by friends, you are immediately welcomed as one as well, and the same goes for family. The good news is that while staying here in the border town of Foz, I have met a lot of Paraguayans, and the same can be said for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment