December 12, 2007

Greetings from the End of the World

Hey everyone, I am indeed alive, a fact I know is not corroborated with my recent blog activity. My bad. I have a number of excuses, from ridiculously expensive prices to being so content hiking in the mountains I didn't want to come out. But now you have your blog reading once again, so it is all good, right?



Just to let you all know once again, I am sending out emails when I update the blog, just saying I created a new post, so if you want that notification, let me know. Then you will know when there is something new to read, and won't be thoroughly disappointed for a month when you go check and there is nothing. So let me know if that is something you want, especially since I am now taking so long to write. Send a message to tomtom911@hotmail.com or thomas.ryank@gmail.com. Cool.



Since leaving Buenos Aires I have been to four distinct locations: Torres del Paine, El Calafate, El Chalten, and Ushuaia. There are posts on them below, and are down in the order (or backwards blog post order) when I went to them. I just write this little summary here since it has been so long since I last wrote and I will be posting them all at the same time.



Anyway, I am now in the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia. They call it the "End of the World" for this fact, a technicality as there is actually another "port" farther south, and "bases" and "outposts" in the Anartic, but whatever, it doesn't diminish the hype. I am here for a trek, otherwise the 12 hour double-border-cross to get here just wouldn't have been worth it. But is a cool place in and of itself, and it is nice to sip a beer in a warm room and contemplate on the fact that you are almost standing completed upside down from the people back home that you know (trips you out, right, haha). I will be going on a trek and doing a couple hikes while I am here, and will be sure to let you know how that goes. Otherwise, enjoy the new posts, and much love from the End of the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment