August 21, 2007

Intro/Background

For those that I didn't talk to before I left, or haven't been talking to, here is some background.

After graduating from college and realizing that the life I had been working for since kindergarten had finally arrived at my doorstep, I decided the best course of action was to run away to a distant land, otherwise known as Brazil. Why Brazil? Well, for one, it is far away from the States, which is where that whole future, life thing is waiting. Two, the food is amazing. Three, I like to eat. Four, just because it's Brazil. (Unimportant sidenote- I also have a girlfriend here)

I arrived at the beggining of July, and am living in the city of Curitba, a city of about 1.5 million in the Southern Brazilian state of Paraná. And I get to use sweet accents like that because Brazilian keyboards are way cooler than ours. Reason five for coming to Brazil. I have thus far been involved in various adventures, including portugese classes, a brazilian wedding, a brazilian soccer match and more. Those details in later posts.

While I am writing the blog to make it a little easier to manage communication and updates on the trip, I would love to talk to any of you who want to email me. Otherwise, much love from across the equator.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan,
    This is a nice way of letting your parents know that you haven't been thrown into prison. Nice pics, too.
    I'm glad you won't be home till December. That gives me plenty of time to come up with a killer comeback to your remark regarding your illiterate parents.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you joined the blog world. It's time well spent. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan,

    This is my first blog and first comment on a blog. Whowee - big time!

    You are looking pretty happy! I am glad to be able to keep up with your life!

    Love, Nell

    ReplyDelete