September 18, 2007

Homeward Bound - A journey of epic proportions

So the blog has a new name. Why? Because it seemed fitting to change it now that my life has taken a completely new direction (plus who didn't love that movie?). As I posted in an earlier blog, I originally came down to Brazil to live, to learn, and to visit my girlfriend. I had plans to go to Costa Rica and spend a couple more months studying Spanish. Two countries, 5 months, go home. Adventurous I suppose. Worthy of the South American Adventure title. But that has all changed now.

I guess it began with my international dating relationship coming to an end. I won’t go into details, just that it didn’t work out, I think we did what was best, I’m sad to have lost it, but happy with where I am, and that it’s a little weird mentioning this on a blog. However, since I have received so many emails inquiring about us, I felt I should mention it here to get everyone on the same page. That said, I have now shifted my plans somewhat…how much? See below:

What you are looking at is the rough itinerary of my travel plans over the next several months. From the glaciers of Patagonia to the coast of Chile, ascending to the dizzying heights of the Andes, plunging into the tropical rain forest on the Equator, all before being sandwiched between two coasts within arms reach in Central America, with some friendly volcanoes for company. From Curitiba, Brasil to the South of South America, all the way back home. The craziest part? To the best of my abilities, no planes. Bus, car, boat, horse, feet, what have you, but minimize the flying unless absolutely necessary. (Like from Ecuador to Panama because getting kidnapped in Colombia just doesn't sound fun.) I will be trekkin’ it, hikin’ it, bussin’ it, and lovin’ it back home. 18 countries, who knows how many months, go home. Epic.

2 comments:

  1. wow what a plan. You are very brave. I wish you the best in your future travels. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan! Oh my.

    So you're officially the coolest kid ever. Idk if you remember me, but I'm praying for you nonetheless! Lol.


    -Ally

    ReplyDelete